Friday 18 December 2009

brazil rising

Oskar Metsavaht is the mind behind Brazilian label Osklen, whose latest collection 'Rising' is riiiight down my alley.

Let's have a little look-see:


MMMM, OH HAI TEXTURES!
J'ador-ing the thick pleats (or pleats in thick fabrics, whatevs), the draping and slouch, the fabrics, the hood/snood effort in look 2, the crop affair in look 1 - a crop which is in the same fabric as the top underneath...the new twinset? Or just one top with a flap detail?? I hope the former. - and of course, the digital printed long sleeved tee just up there.

I'm rarely floored by digital prints; I'm ne'er bowled over by the likes of Mr C Kane's baboons and alligators (much more a fan of his other pieces, mmhmm.), but this I love, and I don't know why. I like the contrasting pocket though. Mm.

Shall we also vidi the accessories???? YES PLEASE THEYREAWESOME.


Let's face it, I'm not a flats girl, but the asymmetric/slouchy/mutant high tops are pretty amazingly cool, non? (and they come in other fabrications/colours).
And the pixel heart! Ahh!
If I do do flats, it's mostly in a summer sandal, so the third option is pretty much the way I'd go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of draped items, but I feel like they're too draped. Not properly finished.. kind of hobo chic -- which is not my style at all

Still, the one sweater in the first pic on the left at the top looks solid

Style on a String :: Because style has nothing to do with money.